The UNGA Summit outcome, now called the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants was adopted as a UNGA Resolution on 9 September. On 19 September the adoption of the Resolution will be more ceremonial in nature with the more formal adoption having already taken place.
On 8 September, the Office of the President of the General Assembly released also the concept notes for the 6 roundtables of the UNGA Summit for Refugees and Migrants. The concept notes give an introduction and background note to each Roundtable, before discussing priorities for international action and suggesting questions for the consideration of participants.
- Addressing the root causes of large movements of refugees
- Addressing drivers of migration, particularly large movements, and highlighting the positive contributions of migrants
- International action and cooperation on refugees and migrants and issues related to displacement: the way ahead
- Global compact for responsibility-sharing for refugees; respect for international law
- Global compact for safe, regular and orderly migration: towards realizing the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development and realizing the human rights of migrants
- Addressing vulnerabilities of refugees and migrants on their journeys from their countries of origin to their countries of arrival